|Job Title||Heavy Duty Driver & Grader Operator Ref Number: ADAHRM 08/2023|
|Location||Makhathini Irrigation Scheme – Jozini|
|Grade/Salary||L06 (DPSA Salary Scale)|
|Types of employment||3 Years (Fixed Term Contract)|
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification ,
- A relevant valid driver’s license
- 2 years’ experience operating Excavator or Grader.
Heavy Duty Operating Certificate (Grader or Excavator / ADT trucks ) will be added as an advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
- problem solving skills,
- Sound interpersonal relations,
- Planning skills,
- Organizational skills,
- Ability to work as a team and independently under pressure,
- Ability to think,
- Knowledge of driving and operates one of the above-mentioned machines,
- Knowledge of irrigation scheme maintenance,
- Knowledge of water related infrastructure problems,
- Operating heavy duty equipment i.e. Excavator, ADT Trucks, Grader and ADA vehicles
- Administration and office related matter,
- Maintaining of Equipment,
- Risk and Occupational Health and safety activities,
Suitable candidates will be selected with the intention of promoting representativity.
- All applicants are subject to the signing of performance agreement;
- ADA reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to the above position.
- Preference will be given to members of designated group
- Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- A covering letter indicating the reference number and the post that you are applying for, together with a brief motivation
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (Previous experience must be comprehensively detailed)
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application being disqualified.
NB: THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED MUST RE – APPLY
Enquiries: Mr. M.E Thekiso Closing date: 11 October 2023
Tel: (033) 347 8600
Forward your applications, stating the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw the advertisement, for attention of Mr. Siphamandla Shabalala, Agribusiness Development Agency, Private Bag x01, Montrose, Pietermaritzburg 3202 or hand deliver to No5 Cascades Crescent, Cascades Office Park, Montrose Pietermaritzburg or send applications via the ADA website.www.ada-kzn.co.za or hand delivered to Makhathini Irrigation scheme, Section 2 , Jozini
Should you not hear from us 8 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Original signed by
Mr S Mazibuko
Acting Chief Executive Officer