|Job Title||Electrician Ref Number: ADAHRM 10/2023|
|Location||Makhathini Irrigation Scheme – Jozini|
|Grade/Salary||L08 (DPSA Salary Scale)|
|Types of employment||3 Years (Fixed Term Contract)|
Grade 12, N6 or Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Trade Tested Electrician certificate issued under Section 26 (D) 4 of skills Development Act, 1998 (Act No 97 of 1998). Three years’ experience as an Electrician with background experience of working with pumps, electrical motors up to 300kw (3 phase voltage) (light current or high current). Must have extensive knowledge of working with Electrical Panels and Induction motors. Must have Code 8 or 10 driver’s license.
Key Performance Areas:
- Repair and maintain electrical supply in the pump station.
- Conduct planned maintenance on substations, switch Gears and electrical motors according to the planned maintenance schedule.
- Maintain and install electrical supply for plugs points, lights to the ADA admin office and Pump stations.
- Attend all electrical breakdowns around the scheme.
- Design and install electrical and electronic works.
- Undertake project investigations.
- Report on and plan the maintenance of electrical and electronic works • implement legal requirements and standards.
- Pioneer new electrical services and methods
- Maintain operational effectiveness.
- Plan, design, operate and maintain all electrical equipment on the pump stations and other installations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Reliability and team player ability to work independently and under pressure
- record keeping
- Supervise semi-skilled staff planned maintenance skills
- People management and empowerment excellent communication skills (written and verbal) good organizing
- Good interpersonal relations accuracy and attention to details.
Suitable candidates will be selected with the intention of promoting representivity.
- All applicants are subject to the signing of performance agreement.
- ADA reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to the above position.
- Preference will be given to members of designated group.
- Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted in the following manner:
- A covering letter indicating the reference number and the post that you are applying for, together with a brief motivation.
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (Previous experience must be comprehensively detailed)
Enquiries: Mr. M.E Thekiso Closing date:11 October 2023
Tel: (033) 347 8600
Forward your applications, stating the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw the advertisement, for attention of Mr. Siphamandla Shabalala, Agribusiness Development Agency, Private Bag x01, Montrose, Pietermaritzburg 3202 or hand deliver to No5 Cascades Crescent, Cascades Office Park, Montrose Pietermaritzburg or send applications via the ADA website.www.ada-kzn.co.za or hand delivered to Makhathini Irrigation scheme, Section 2 , Jozini
Should you not hear from us 8 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Original signed by
Mr S Mazibuko
Acting Chief Executive Officer