RE-ADVERTISEMENT- MANAGER: HUMAN RESOURCE POSITION REF NUMBER: ADAHRM 03/2023
|Job Title||Manager: Human Resource
Ref Number: ADAHRM 03/2023
|Location||5 Cascades Crescent, Pietermaritzburg|
|Grade/Salary||L12 (DPSA Salary Scale)|
|Types of employment||3 Years (Fixed Term Contract)|
|Reporting Officer||General Manager: Corporate Services|
|Unit||Corporate Services Unit|
A relevant Diploma & Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management and other related qualification. A postgraduate qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 – 10 years management experience in both private and public sectors. A valid driver’s license. Minimum 5 years’ experience in policy development. Experience working with SAGE systems (SAGE VIP Payroll, SAGE 300 People, SAGE X3).
Experience in interpreting and commenting on legislation, directive, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of drafting employment contracts. Knowledge of Human Resource legal prescripts, policies and procedures. Knowledge of SAQA and NQF requirements. Experience in policy formulation. Further experience in working with unions at organizational level. Understanding of all relevant legislations.
Strong negotiation skills, strong organizing and administrative abilities, strong IT skills, Excellent verbal and written skills (including presentation skills), strong problem solving and decision- making skills, excellent planning and prioritizing skills, excellent planning and prioritizing skills, strong analytical policy and operational thinking skills. Self-motivated and able to work independently, strong attention to details and highly organised. Leadership qualities to inspire others and team player.
Kev Performance Areas:
Recruitment, selection and appointment of employees. Job analysis, benchmarking and job evaluation. Labour relations, disciplinary procedures. Individual performance management systems. Skills audits. Training and development. Systems implementation. Policy and standard operating manuals.
Suitable candidates will be selected with the intention of poromoting representivity.
- All applicants are subject to the signing of performance agreement;
- ADA reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to the above position.
- Preference will be given to members of designated group
- Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Applications must be submitted in the following manner:
- A covering letter indicating the reference number and the post that you are applying for, together with a brief motivation
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (Previous experience must be comprehensively detailed and certified copies of qualifications)
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application being disqualified.
- Full names, addresses and telephone numbers of three work related referees.
- If you are applying for more than one post, please submit a separate application for each post.
Enquiries: Ms. Nobuhle Ngubane Tel: (033) 347 8600
Closing date: 11 September 2023